Tally.ERP 9 displays the error message Error in TDL during launch and fails to open.
This error is displayed due to defective TDL/TCP file.
To rectify this error and start Tally.ERP 9,
- First, de-activate TDL/TCP file from Tally.ini file.
- Second, launch Tally.ERP 9.
- Then, activate the TDL/TCP file from F12: Configuration to view the error message and resolve the issue.
- De-activate TDL/TCP file:
- Open Tally.ERP 9 application folder.
- Open the Tally.ini file.
- Comment the TDL/TCP line by inserting semicolon (;) at the beginning of the line.
- Save the Tally.ini file.
- Launch Tally.ERP 9:
- Double click Tally.exe file to launch Tally.ERP 9 in default mode without customisation.
- Activate the TDL/TCP file:
You can view the error message by activating the TDL/TCP file. The detailed error message will assist in identifying the issues the need to be resolved.
To activate TDL/TCP file,
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Product & Features > F4: Manage Local TDLs
- In the List of TDLs to preload on Tally startup field, enter the path along with the name of TDL/TCP file
Note: The path and file name of the customisation file has to be entered correctly including spaces and file extension. For Example: A file welcome.txt is copied in TDLfolder in C drive. In this case, the path for the file will be C:tdlwelcome.txt.
TDL/TCP files will not function, if the name/path of the file is incorrectly entered in the configuration screen.
- Accept the change
Once the TDL/TCP file is activated, Tally.ERP 9 will return to the Product & Features screen where an appropriate error message is displayed. The error message along with the TDL/TCP file can be sent to the point of customisation for correction.