Last Updated on
The Commercial Tax Department of Karnataka has changed the e-VAT Annexure Filing Format as per the notification issued on 29-4-2014. The updated annexures are as below:
1) Local Purchase
2) Local Sales
3) Local Purchase Returns
4) Local Sales Returns
5) Interstate Sales
6) Interstate Purchase
7) Interstate Sales Returns
8) Interstate Purchase Returns
10) Export Returns
It is mandatory to upload the e-VAT Annexures for all the VAT Registered Dealers whose turnover is more than 50 Lakhs. However VAT Registered Dealers whose turnover is below 50 Lakhs also have the option of uploading these e-VAT Annexures.
To configure the periodicity of EVAT annexures in Tally.ERP 9,
- Go to F11: Features>F3: Statutory.
- Make ‘Set/Alter VAT details’ as Yes
- Specify the periodicity of e-VAT annexures as monthly or quarterly as shown below and save the changes.
(In Release 5.0, click F12>Make Show additional details as Yes. You will get the option to specify the periodicity)
E-VAT Annexures Report
To reach the e-VAT Annexures report, go to
Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT >e-VAT> e-VAT Annexures
In Release 5.0, from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports >VAT>Form VAT 100>Annexure Ready)
The e-VAT annexures report appears as shown below-
List of annexures
Each Annexure will show as a row in the report. Annexures which do not have any vouchers will be greyed out. Each Annexure row will additionally have the following information-
a) of vouchers– This will give the number of vouchers which will be included in the particular Annexure for the given period.
b) Vouchers with errors- This will give the number of vouchers with errors which exist in the particular Annexure for the given period.
c) Status – This will indicate if the particular Annexure has been exported/uploaded from Tally for the given period. Status can be
- Blank- If the Annexure is not exported or uploaded
- Exported- If the Annexure is exported but not uploaded
- Failed- If the user tried to upload and it failed due to any reason.
- Uploaded- If the Annexure is uploaded
Correction of errors
a) Drill down from an annexure will take the user to the particular annexure report screen which provides the users with list of vouchers with errors and list of vouchers without errors.
b) From list of vouchers with errors, press Alt F1: Detailed to get the voucher details.
c) On pressing Enter from a voucher which has errors, the Error validation screen appears as shown:
d) On correcting the error in the Error validation screen, the particular voucher moves to the Vouchers without Errors section of the screen.
Main reasons for errors in e-VAT annexures
a) Party/Company TIN- Party/Company TIN should not be blank. TIN should be of 11 digits and should start with 29.
b) Supplier Invoice No. /Date-Supplier invoice No. /Date should be specified in purchase vouchers.
c) Duplicate invoice number- Invoice No. cannot be same for the same supplier on the same date.
d) Debit note/Credit note reference- The original invoice against which the debit note/credit note is raised should not be earlier than 6 months before the period of filing.
Note: – Karnataka Commercial Tax Department has now introduced CAPTCHA code to be entered for upload of VAT annexures. As the CAPTCHA codes are random, it is expected of you to enter them manually each time you login. Due to this, our 2-step direct upload feature will not work. Hence, drill down to the annexure you want to upload and click E: Export. Select the format as XML or Excel, as per your requirement. After this, login to the Department portal and upload the annexure.
Export of e-VAT annexures
After correction of Errors, e-VAT annexures are ready for upload.
To export a particular annexure- From the e-VAT annexures screen, drill down to the particular annexure screen.Click the Alt + E: export button
- Select format Excel or XML
- Provide Export location
- Provide Output file name
- Consolidate URD Purchase = Yes (if you want to include URD transactions)
Note: – The Department has given the choice of either consolidating the “Unregistered Dealer” data in a single line or have it mentioned as each transaction. The same choice is given in e-VAT annexures report. On drill down to individual Annexure reports, a toggle button C: Individual URD/Consolidated URD is provided to show each URD transaction individually or consolidate them. By default, the URD transactions will be consolidated. For consolidated URD vouchers, Particulars will show as ‘Lumpsum’, Party TIN will be 29000000000, Voucher No. will be 1111 and Date will display as the 1st day of the filing period. The amount will be the total value of all the consolidated URD vouchers.
If you want to consolidate URD transactions User can enable this option as shown below.
Note: – If you are exporting annexures in Excel format, you need to have Excel template. Excel Template can be downloaded from Karnataka Commercial Taxes portal.
Upload of e-VAT annexures to department portal
- Login to dealer portal on Karnataka Commercial Taxes website http://www.vat.kar.nic.in/
- Specify VAT portal login details.
- Enter the Code(CAPTCHA)
- Click on Login
- To upload XML and Excel template file Eg. For local purchase annexure, go to Purchase statement>Local>Upload XML file as shown below.
- Provide Tax period and month
- Click on Go
- Click on browse and select local purchase xml file which is exported from Tally
- Click on Upload.
- The XML file uploaded will appear as shown below. To delete the file uploaded, click on Delete. To validate the file uploaded, click on Validate All as shown below.
Note: – If any duplicate invoices are found, the same would appear as error after clicking on Validate All. Modify the transactions accordingly.
- Once the validation is successful, uploaded file needs to be approved so that it is saved in Department website. For this, go to Approval of respective annexure. Eg. For purchase annexure, go to Purchase Statement>Approval>Local as shown below.
The summary as well as date wise list of invoices are shown. Re-verify the details to ensure that they are correct. Click on Approve to save the data to Department database.