Tally.ERP 9 provides the option to export VAT return details for a specific period to the excel template provided by the revenue department. The VAT Form – 3 excel template provided for filing returns has provision to capture details of all VAT annexures in specific sheets of the excel file. When VAT Form – 3 is saved and exported, information related to all annexures is also exported to the same file.
Procedure to generate e-Returns is given below:
- Go to Triangulation Report – From Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > VAT Form-3 > from this report > Alt+S to make Stat Payment :
- Provide details to make VAT payment and save the Payment transaction:
- Once after making payment, transaction will be captured under Payment Details menu > Enter on Tax Payment (not include/uncertain) > Clear the exception by providing other details as shown:
Here click on Alt+S to Set Details:
Now click on F6-Save
Note: User need to export the details to Excel Templates once after saving the Returns.
- Ensure that the Template – VAT3_Return.xlsm (Microsoft Excel Macro-enabled worksheet) file is available in Tally.ERP 9 folder. (this need to be downloaded from http://www.kra.go.ke/ )
Now go to Triangulation report and click on Ctrl + E e-Returns
- Then it will ask for Export (Add Rows in Templates before exporting)
- Once after export, data will be updated in respective sheets
- Once after successful export, click on YES to replace value to the existing Template
- Then automatically VAT3_Return.xlsm file will be opened and user need to click Enable Content to validate.
- Once after successfully validation, it ask for Generating Upload File? Here click on YES to process further
Then file will be converted to compressed format (ZIP) and shows the path in which it got saved
- The this ZIP file need to be uploaded in portal – http://www.kra.go.ke/
- Hereafter, user need to follow the instruction as per the process defined:
- Finally click on Submit to complete the process: