Last Updated on
Migrating payroll data from Tally 7.2 to Tally.ERP 9 organizes the data in the respective payroll components. Therefore, for you to use the payroll data successfully without any failure, after payroll data migration, you must configure the settings for the pay heads in Tally.ERP 9.
To configure settings for pay heads
1. Enable the payroll statutory features:
● Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F3: Statutory Feature.
The Statutory and Taxation screen appears as shown below:
● Set Enable Payroll Statutory to Yes.
● Set Set/Alter Payroll Statutory Details to Yes.
The Payroll Statutory Details screen appears as shown below:
● Enter the provident fund Company Code, Company Account Group Code and Company Security Code in the Payroll Statutory screen.
● Enter the Employees State Insurance Company Code, ESI Branch Office and Standard Working Days. By default, 10, 000 is displayed as the eligibility amount for ESI in Eligibility Amount field.
● Press Enter to accept, and return to the Statutory & Taxation screen.
● Press Escape to return to Gateway of Tally.
2. Select the Pay Heads, Pay Type, Group, Calculation Type and provide Computation Info.
Changes in Payroll data after migration
|Duties and Taxes||The payroll deduction ledgers created under the group Duties and Taxes in Tally 7.2 are migrated as Pay Heads grouped under Current Liabilities.|
|Direct or IndirectExpenses||The payroll deduction ledgers created under the group Direct or Indirect Expenses inTally 7.2 are migrated as Pay Heads grouped under Current Liabilities.|
|Loans & Advances (Assets)||The payroll deduction ledgers created under the group Loans & Advances (Assets) inTally 7.2 are migrated as Pay Heads grouped under the pay head type Loans and Advances.|
|Attendance type||Any attendance type created with unit month will appear prefixed with ATTD- followed by the name of the attendance type.|
|Attendance entries for current month||The entries for migrated data containing attendance entries for the current month and payroll yet to be processed, are considered under Production Type Entries. Re-enter attendance entries for the current month after migration, and then process the payroll.|
|Prefix with ATTD||After migration, the attendance types will change to production types. Therefore, the YTDdetails are not retained, and the migrated attendance types are pre-fixed with ATTD-.|
|To generate a payslip with YTD Details for any of the earlier months:|
|1. 3. Create/Alter the attendance voucher for the respective month.|
|4. Select the employee name.|
|5. Select the ATTD- prefixed Attendance Type, and enter the Cur Bal valuewith a negative sign in the value field, to nullify the YTD details.|
|6. Select the Employee, and the Attendance type.|
|7. Enter the Cur Bal amount as the Value, and accept the voucher.|
|To generate a Payslip with YTD Details from the current month onwards:|
|1. 8. Create/Alter the attendance voucher for the previous month.|
|9. Select the employee name.|
|10. Select ATTD- prefixed Attendance Type, and enter the Cur Bal value with a negative sign in the value field, to nullify the YTD details.|
|Select the Employee, and the Attendance type.|
|Enter the Cur Bal amount as the Value, and accept the voucher.|