Last Updated on
You can claim the excess amount paid as tax, interest, penalty, late fee or other dues as refund using a journal voucher.
To record a journal voucher for refund under GST
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment.
3. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen, select the options as shown below:
4. Press Enter to save and return to the journal voucher.
5. Debit the bank ledger, and enter the amount of interest liability.
6. Credit the GST ledgers or ledger grouped under Current Assets.
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept the journal voucher.